- Every time anyone handles a gun in this movie, they casually muzzle-sweep their friends, with their finger on the trigger. This actually strikes me as authentic.
- The movie has a lot of gratuitous nudity — some of it female.
- Being an effective terrorist is largely a matter of willingness to do terrible things, not competence at doing those terrible things.
- Angry youths are useful idiots. West Germany seems to have been especially useful to the Soviets.
- Palestinian “liberation” is a Marxist movement in the 1970s.
- The terrorists of the 1970s seem like wannabe rock-stars.
- The real-life Sanchez is alive and living in a French prison. He objected to the OPEC scenes, which depicted his men as hysterically waving submachine-guns around.