Samo Burja gives five cheers for monarchy:
- Good enough You need not think it an ideal form of government, but if you look at it and conclude it is better than democracy and nearly anything else tried from time to time so far, why not advocate for it? We know it can be done with humans and can be stable.
- Simplicity Of the other proposed alternative forms of governments it is the one most easily accurately explained to nearly anyone.
- Agile experimentation Social experimentation is however useful, especially since the same solutions won’t work for all kinds of societies in all situations. East India Companies, Free Cities, sovereign religious orders are common in the history of Western monarchy.
- Responsible ideology crafting Historically transition from some kind of republic to military dictatorship is common. Rule by leader of victorious conquering army, has historically show successful transition to monarchy, as all dynasties where basically founded by them.
- Low Hanging Fruit It has been understudied by modern intellectuals who furthermore are biased against it. Modern game theory, cognitive science and even sociology unleashed on studying monarchy would reveal treasures, even if we eventually decide we don’t want to implement it.